When we are preparing to take a vacation, apply for a new job, create something we’ve only imagined; we make a plan. Some begin their plan by brainstorming where they want to go, what they want to do and how they envision the outcome. Then most will begin to write their thoughts out, make detailed lists of options and strategies on how to accomplish this sought out endeavor. They may sit comfortably at their desk or on the couch with a cup of tea. Feeling satisfied and prepared that they are ready to begin the work needed to complete the task that lies ahead. Once these individuals have begun the process of taking each step needed to reach their goal, they often times realize that it can be a painstaking process and not an easy task to see this dream come to realization. However, they see that although the task may seem daunting, will take a bit of hard work and plenty of effort, they press forward; why? They see that ultimately they will reap the benefits offered at the end of this rainbow and that this is good for their lifestyle and overall wellbeing.
The same can be said about our health. We cannot assume that we are going to walk in total health without planning for it. In today’s society we are faced with thousands of easy options on the road of life. Many of these options are not for health but for convenience. Convenience has its place in aiding our lifestyle but we must use caution as to not let convenience stand in the way of a life filled with health. In all reality this takes work and planning. I know this may not be easy to swallow because we are now conditioned to have an easier lifestyle, where pleasure rules. But this is sound advice and why most people find themselves at the end of weight, sickness and disease issues. I’ve heard over and over again from clients that have come under my care that a lifestyle of convenience ultimately worked against them. They would say, “It was so much easier to just pick up something to eat from the fast food joint. I was too tired to work out after a long day at work. When I’m stressed I just want to do nothing and I turn to my comfort foods to be able to just zone out”. If you’ve had these thoughts or maybe have even said them yourself then you know that this is the cry of most in the Western world today. I’ve sat across the table from many with tears streaming from their eyes as they explain that they feel stuck and don’t know how to get out of their situation. It’s diminished their happiness, affected their work performance, relationships and has exploded their sense of pleasure. Many feel they have become enslaved within their own skin and need help to bring them to a place of peace and happiness.
People are now turning to life coaches, nutritionists, personal trainers, spiritual mentors and health retreats. A place where you can be surrounded by likeminded people to unlock the doors that have kept you bound and to receive the keys to become the best you that you can possibly be. Thailand is an amazing getaway destination and the conditions here are perfect for a retreat just like this. A place where you can receive one on one life coaching, educational instruction in how to care for you, personal fitness trainers, spiritual mentors and more; all in one place. Wow!
Here are a few reasons why Thailand is an ideal place for you to plan a Health and Fitness Getaway.
- Hot weather: The weather in Thailand is quite warm and humid. The body naturally will begin to detoxify through the pores as they open up due to the natural environment. Weight loss can begin even before you make any attempts in this direction. Your body will begin to shed water weight which the body stores from a diet consisting of processed foods and sodium based preservatives
- Fresh air: The overall air quality in Thailand; especially here in Krabi is amazing. Located along the Andaman Sea we experience clean fresh air, coastal winds and a plethora of green foliage, as we are surrounded by the jungle. The trees, plants and lush greenery emit the most important need of our body; oxygen
- Natural playground: Our area is a prime location to experience physical fitness all the while enjoying natural and majestic surroundings. Hills and mountains to climb, seas to swim, beaches to walk or run, sunsets to relax and gaze upon as you reflect with tranquility the time that you’ve set aside for transforming yourself!
- Thai massage: An amazing therapeutic process of relaxation, muscle healing and restoration. An experience that will truly rejuvenate your body but also bring you to a place of physical and emotional calm
- Thai cuisine: A favorite of foodies worldwide. Prepared with fresh vegetables, meat, fish, herbs and spices that you can actually see when visiting one of the many local produce markets around our lovely sea village
- Fruit: Thailand is known for exotic tropical fruit. You will have an opportunity to experience healthy fresh fruit daily. No matter what time of the year you visit Thailand, there is sure to be a seasonal fruit that your mouth will water over enjoying. Eaten fresh or prepared as a smoothie this will be a highlight of your health and fitness experience here in amazing Thailand.
by Zina Docto
Zina is the founder of “i AM WOMAN”: Educating woman to discover their health and beauty from the inside out : overcome weight issues, sickness and disease.
Want to know more? Contact: